Friday, January 14, 2011

Advertisment on 23rd January 2011 in Jang Newspaper

Extended Student Visitor visa for English language students now available

10 January 2011

From today 10 January 2011 English language students wishing to attend exclusively English language courses will be able to apply for a student visitor visa allowing them to stay for up to 11 months. The Extended Student Visitor visa will only be available to applicants outside of the United Kingdom.

Students wishing to study non-English Language courses in the UK for longer than 6 months are still required to apply under Tier 4 of the Points Based System.

Non visa-nationals, who would not normally need a visa to study for up to six months, must apply for the extended visa if they wish to remain longer.

The requirements, entitlements and restrictions of the Extended Student Visitor visa are the same as the current Student Visitor visa and can be found here. The Student Visitor visa does not allow students to work, take a work placement, bring dependants or extend their stay. The fee will also be the same as the Student Visitor visa.

A review of the Extended Student Visitor visa wil be carried out within the next 12 months to ensure it is operating as intended.

This change does not affect the ongoing student consultation on the main student route to the UK - Tier 4 of the Points Based System - which has set out proposals to tackle abuse and make the system more selective and robust.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sout Australia Lure Skilled Workers

The Australian government has signed a state migration agreement with South Australia that will help meet the Australian state's need for skilled migrants.

"State migration plans are part of the government's continued commitment to supporting the Australian economy by attracting skilled migrants who can positively contribute to our workforce," said Immigration Minister Chris Bowen.

Latest news•11 January 2011 New Zealand business immigration attracts $416 million
•05 January 2011 Business leaders urge Australia to increase immigration
•04 January 2011 New Zealand to make student immigration easier
"The implementation of state migration plans will provide flexibility for state and territory governments to nominate skilled migrants in a broader range of occupations than are currently offered on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)," he added.

Australia has a points based immigration system which allows foreign nationals with skills in occupations that exist on the SOL to apply for a permanent residence visa. Some of these visas require sponsorship from a state/territory government.

The South Australian state migration plan specifies a number of occupations that are available for state sponsorship under the General Skilled Migration program for 2010-11.

"This plan recognises that there are specific occupations required by South Australia's industry sectors in order for the state to build a prosperous economy," said SA Minister for Industry and Trade Tom Koutsantonis.

"With more than $80 billion of major projects underway or in the pipeline, and strong prospects of outperforming the national economy over the next decade, there is a demand for skills in South Australia that may not be met by our local workforce," he added.

The State Migration Plan lists 258 occupations, some of which will be unique to South Australia. Occupations range from trades such mechanics, welders, and locksmiths to professional occupations such as doctors and engineers.

If you would like to immigrate to Australia, Superior Consulting (Pvt.) Ltd. can help you achieve your goals. We have over 10 years experience helping people immigrate to Australia, UK, Canada, Hong Kong and Malaysia. To contact us, give us a call (+92-21-35658107, 35658108, 35658109) or fill out a free assessment form at our website.